Saturday, August 14, 2010

Balsamic Sesame Chicken

I haven't been eating as much meat as I should be these days. I think it's because I don't cook it creatively that I get really sick of eating it the same way every time. I saw this recipe a week ago and have been putting it off, but my body is telling me to eat meat now so I made this for lunch.

The recipe comes from Just Bento, a food blog dedicated to making bentos! This blog is pretty awesome. I've looked through all the archives and read a lot recipes that I found interesting. Just the concept of a bento gives me so many ideas about what I can pack for some of my lunches when I'm back at school. Some days I probably won't have time to head back home after classes for a lunch break, so I knew I'd have to pack something and a bento would keep my lunch exciting with a variety of foods to look forward to.

Balsamic Sesame Chicken
From Just Bento

- 500 grams chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (use less if you don't want it as strong)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use less salty soy sauce)
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds

1. Combine the chicken, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and let marinade for at least half an hour.
2. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the chicken (you can drain of the marinade if you don't want to use it). Heat oil in a pan, add the chicken pieces and cook until brown and fully cooked through. Serve with brown rice.

Really simple, isn't it? But it's got flavor. I wasn't sure of how I would like the balsamic vinegar because that stuff can be strong! And the soy sauce that I use is dark and is a lot stronger than soy sauce from other brands. But the two balanced each other and one did not overwhelm the other. It was great!

Balsamic Sesame Chicken

No comments: