Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brownie Cookies

There are random times when my housemates and I crave brownies. Anything with chocolate, really. When we get home from rehearsal late at night, we sometimes decide to make brownies. If there's nothing appealing for dessert, we make brownies. So we always have brownie mix in our house. We ran out last week so I bought a bulk size box. One of my housemates didn't know I had already bought it, so she bought another bulk size box so we had 8 bags of brownie mix! I decided something had to be made with such a sudden abundance of brownie mix. Instead of the usual brownies though, I wanted something different so after a bit of searching, I landed on this recipe for Brownie Cookies. Or Brookies? My housemates and I thought about this. I think another good one we came up with was Cooknies. It's delicious either way so make them now! My housemates were in heaven and demanded that I take the plate of cookies away from them or else they would eat it all! These were gone within 24 hours. In a house full of 5 girls, not that unusual.

I baked these for 12 minutes instead of 7 to 8 as the instructions said because the middle was still very soft. But you really should follow the directions. When the cookies cooled down completely, they became hard. I had to tell my housemates to heat the cookies for 15 seconds in the microwave before eating so that they can get softer cookies. Even though it may still be pretty soft in the center after 7 to 8 minutes in the oven, just take them out and let them cool completely because by then, the cookies will set.

I'm so glad I made these. It's been way too long since I've baked or cooked something and this was a good pick-me-up activity for me. I have to try to get back in the kitchen more often.

Brownie Cookies

Brownie Cookies [Makes 24 cookies]
From Duncan Hines

- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® brownie mix (or any other brand)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until blended and soft dough forms. Drop by level measuring tablespoons about 2-inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set in center. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.

3 comments:

Jody Sippl said...

I agree 12 minutes is much better 😋

Anonymous said...

This is not the right recipe! It doesn't bake right. This is the recipe
1 box Chewy Brownie Mix
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/8 cup water

Anonymous said...

Thank you! What temperature, 350? How long do u bake it?