Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oreo Pie

Need more ideas for next year's Pi Day? Make Oreo Pie! I steered clear from any fruit pies because those definitely take way more time than I have right now on any given weekday. Maybe during the summer, but when you're short on time, this Oreo Pie is the best and quickest to make. The thing I loved most about this pie, though, was the fact that I didn't have to bake it. It was already growing warm in my apartment from the first pie I baked and the sun shining through my window, so I was glad I didn't need to leave the oven on. Plus, who doesn't love Oreos?

Oreo Pie

I think I've had enough with pies for now... Three in two days! But I don't make pies often, so this is a nice time to get all the pie-making out of my system :)

Oreo Pie
From The Repressed Pastry Chef

1 Oreo Pie Crust
12 Oreo cookies
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups whipped cream [I used Cool Whip]

In a small bowl, smash up 12 of the Oreo cookies. Set aside.

In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in the whipped cream and the smashed up Oreo cookies. Then use a rubber spatula and combine gently until well blended and the cookies are distributed throughout.

Spoon into the Oreo pie crust and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

No comments: