Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yangnyumjang (양념장)

These days, it's been more difficult for me to come up with satisfying dinner ideas when one, I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while and two, I barely have time to sit down and think! I like to fall back on something simple for dinner, such as fried tofu. Fried tofu is an easy side dish addition to a lunch or dinner meal. I love tofu in every way, but I think it's best when fried. When my mom makes fried tofu for dinner, she always serves it with this dipping sauce, which I am sharing with you today.

This dipping sauce will make everything taste better. Maybe not everything... But it's certainly a taste booster for certain foods. Another way I like to eat this sauce is in a roll. Take a layer of dried seaweed that you would use to make sushi, spread rice all over, sprinkle the sauce all over the rice, and roll up to munch on! I basically grew up on this and ate it for dinner or as a snack. This dipping sauce is a non-spicy version. You can add red pepper flakes to match your desired level of spice.

Fried Tofu

Soy Sauce Dipping Sauce
From my mom

- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped

1. Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve as dipping sauce or sprinkle over food.

No comments: