Monday, June 13, 2011

Sriracha Mayo

It wasn't until last week I was introduced to Sriracha hot chili sauce. I had seen this thing at restaurants, but didn't bother to try it, so I never understood people's obsession with it. My sister's roommate apparently eats the hot sauce with her breakfast! At first taste, I still didn't understand the obsession, but my taste buds are now getting used to this flavor and are beginning to enjoy it.

One thing I like to do is mix ketchup and mayonnaise for dipping. So when I came across this recipe for Sriracha Mayo, I definitely wanted to give it a try. It's somewhat similar to ketchup mayo, but only spicy. Sriracha is pretty runny, so it won't be like the consistency of mayonnaise, but more like gravy... Best comparison I can come up with right now. Yesterday, my lunch consisted of watermelon, Trader Joe's potato crinkles, and eggs topped with ham and drizzled with Sriracha Mayo, which made the eggs taste particularly yummy. And I dipped the potatoes into the mayo. I think I'll definitely like Sriracha mixed with other foods.

Sriracha Mayo on Ham & Eggs

Sriracha Mayo
From Ginny's Kitchen

- 1 part Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 part mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice for 1 cup of sauce

1. Mix hot sauce, mayonnaise, and lime juice together. Pour into empty ketchup bottle and drizzle or spoon over food. Keep in refrigerator.

No comments: