Monday, January 16, 2012

Slow Cooked Chicken Adobo

Boy, am I glad for the three-day weekend! Having today off was great. I went up to Lexington to watch a basketball game and visit my friend whom I haven't seen since before Christmas break. It was fun, even though I was there for only a short time. I hope this week flies by since it is a four-day work week.

I also liked being able to use my slow cooker today. Normally, I don't use it during the week because I don't feel safe leaving it on while I'm at work. I also don't like the smell of something cooking while I'm trying to go to sleep since I don't have a door that separates my room from the kitchen. I made Chicken Adobo, an easy recipe that I can put together in minutes, forget about it for hours, and devour within seconds. And have enough leftovers for the week - the best part.

Only two more midterms to go and then back to a normal bell schedule! I'm going to miss the three-hour planning periods though ;)

Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo

Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
From 52 Kitchen Adventures

1 lb chicken thighs, skin removed
1 lb chicken wings, skin removed
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Mix together the soy sauce and vinegar, then pour over chicken. Sprinkle garlic over everything. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours (until meat is cooked through). Serve with rice.

No comments: