Monday, July 19, 2010

Salmon en Papillote

Today's recipe is really simple. So simple that it probably doesn't need it's own blog entry, but I think it deserves its own because it's so tasty. I can't believe I'm not eating fish more often when it is so easy to cook it! I initially wrote down recipes from online for the amount of herbs and such to put on the salmon, but then I decided to make it even more simple by just sprinkling on whatever seasonings I felt like using after looking in my pantry and adding whatever vegetables I needed to use up. Salmon itself has a nice flavor so I didn't want anything to overpower it.

Salmon en Papillote

Sorry, I started digging in before I even thought to take a picture. The salmon stayed nice and moist. Since the broccoli and onions were steamed in the papillote with the salmon, it was nice and juicy. Man, so good! I have another salmon steak in the fridge right now and I am so tempted to make this again tomorrow...

Salmon en Papillote [Makes 1 serving]

- 1 5-oz salmon steak
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- Lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Herb of your choice [I used thyme]
- Salt and pepper
- Parchment paper

1. Take your parchment paper and cut it into the shape of a heart.
2. Place salmon on the right side of the heart. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, herb of choice, and lemon juice. Arrange the broccoli and onion slices around the salmon.
3. Fold the left side of the heart over the salmon and pinch the edges together. Make sure to pinch it tightly so that no steam can escape!
4. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Then let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: