Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Soy Lemon Pork Chops

Wow, did I have a scare yesterday. So after Weight Training finishes at 4:45 p.m., I always practice piano. This seemed to work fine the first few days of class, but then again, I hadn't been really putting much weight on the machines. My instructor finally realized that I can actually do with more weight, so I've been increasing them each time. It's to the point where I can do it, but because I have no muscle, it's still a challenge. Nothing was majorly sore so off I went to play piano.

After playing a piece twice, I realized there was something wrong with my wrist. My fingers were still moving fine, but anytime I tried to move my wrist, it hurt. It also made weird cracking noises when I moved it up and down. But I had a lesson today and I really needed to practice, so I played another song that didn't use my wrist as much. It wasn't as bad, but I decided to cut practice short to rest. I asked a housemate what I should (as she is an athlete and I figured she would know what to do), followed her advice, and this morning my wrist was all better. It was probably just sore from all the extra exertion yesterday. I knew it wasn't anything serious, but I get overly paranoid and worried and my mind kept jumping to What Ifs. When I told my piano teacher I was in Weight Training, she told me that I should be careful with my wrists. She was right...

I was so glad when I got home that I had marinaded pork in the morning to eat for dinner. I didn't want to do too much cooking because at that point, my wrist still hurt, so it was perfect that all I had to do was slap the pork onto a skillet to cook. I had a side of salad and home fries, too. The flavors in this marinade aren't new and exotic, but soy sauce is a familiar taste that everyone enjoys. If you're worried that the soy sauce might make this too salty, then use half soy sauce and half water instead. That worked fine for me. I would increase the lemon juice by just a bit and try adding in other spices to change it up. I've left the original instructions, so you can bake your chops if you'd like. I just knew cooking it on the skillet would mean food in my stomach quicker, so I didn't bake. And no picture this time as this pork chop would look just like the other pork chop I had last week.

Soy Lemon Pork Chops
From Allrecipes

- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops

1. In a shallow dish, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and oil. Add pork chops, and turn to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Place marinated pork chops in a roasting pan, and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, basting meat often with marinade. Alternatively, heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add pork and cook through.

No comments: